Help us make sure all eligible Americans—especially first-time voters, non-college youth, new citizens, communities of color, and low-income Americans—have the opportunity to register and vote.
Across the country, states are struggling with gerrymandering—the process of drawing congressional and legislative district lines to give your party a numeric advantage over an opposing party. To help in the fight for “fair maps,” the LWV offers civic groups a Redistricting Action Kit.
The Maryland LWV is part of a coalition dedicated to establishing a fair and open process for drawing election districts to “Tame the Gerrymander” in Maryland.
Ways to suppress voting are legion; here are some common methods to lobby against:
- Voter ID requirements
- Cuts to early voting places
- New requirements to register to vote
- Changes to absentee voting
- Polling place closures
- Purging voter rolls
- Cumbersome access to voter information
Demand action to protect our right to vote by signing this petition.
- Check your registration, find your polling place, locate early voting sites, learn about the candidates, and more. 1 million users have already visited Vote411 this year.
- Come to the LWV Board of Education Candidate Forum in September; hear directly from candidates; watch for more candidate forums as we approach the General Election.
- Click on Vote for detailed voter information on absentee ballots, deadlines for registering and Voters Guides.