Make Democracy Work in MoCo
BE A VOTER!
Make a plan to vote: (note revised date for primary)
- Registered to vote? Click here
- Where’s your Election Day polling place? Click here
Vote from home? (absentee/mail in) Everyone eligible! Click here
Reluctant to go to the polls? Go online and request an absentee/mail-in ballot.
- Vote early? When, Where and How. Click here
- First time voter? See check list.
- College student? Voting info. Click here
VOTE411.org is live! English and Spanish Voters’ Guides—coming in May. Use Guides to identify and compare candidates.
✔ Census Day is April 1, 2020.
✔ Notices and forms will arrive in the mail in March 2020; includes info for accessing the online form.
✔ Participation is mandatory.
✔ Census reporting is done online (residents may apply to report in alternate ways) and is easy, safe, and quick.
✔ LWVMC volunteers will help seniors who reside in selected independent living communities to complete the census form in April 2020. Some training required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alice Hostetler, LWVMC President, 1942-43
Alice Hostetler was a civic leader in Montgomery County. She was president of the Montgomery County League of Women Voters 1942-43 and was elected a member of the Maryland House of Delegates for 1961-62 and 1966. (Montgomery County Archives) Read more about Alice, and other LWVMC profiles here.
- Interview MoCo life-time members; help assemble "our stories" in celebration of the League's centennial: 1919-2020. More info. Contact Barbara: email@example.com
- Support redistricting reform bill D-20 "Fair Maps Act." More info.
- Be a polling place observer on Primary election day, April 28. Confirm election procedures are faithfully followed. Some training required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org