The next statewide election is in 2018. The Primary Election will be held on June 26, 2018 and the General Election on November 7, 2018. This is a Gubernatorial election in which voters will vote for candidates for the following offices:
- U. S. Senator and Representatives
- Maryland Governor & Lieutenant. Governor
- Maryland Attorney General and Comptroller
- Maryland State Senators and Delegates
- Maryland Sixth Circuit Court Judges
- Montgomery County Executive and Councilmembers
- Montgomery County Board of Education
- State's Attorney; Clerk of the Court; Register of Wills; Sheriff
- Democratic and Republican Central Committee Members
Deadline for Registering to Vote
Which Offices Can I Vote For in the Primary?
Because Maryland uses a closed primary system, you must be a registered Republican or Democrat to vote for candidates other than non-partisan Board of Education offices. Unaffiliated, Green, and Libertarian party voters can vote only for the nonpartisan Board of Education offices. In the November general election, all registered voters may vote for any candidate or ballot issue.